We provide a list of top 10 Wi-Fi hacking tools that can crack the networks to get access Wi-Fi weakness. These tools can also be used to recover lost password of your own Wi-Fi.
• This Wi-Fi hacking software is a combination of lots of tools to access the security of a Wi-Fi network.
• The different tools available as a part of the AirCrack suite can be used for tasks like pentesting, monitoring, attacking and cracking.
• With the Aircrack-ng software, you can crack WPA-PSK and 802.11 WEP keys after capturing enough data packets.
• To make the attack faster and efficient, standard FMS attack, KoreK attack, and new PTW attack are implemented.
– Aircrack-ng for wireless password cracking
– Aireplay-ng to generate traffic and client de-authentication
– Airodump-ng for packet capturing
– Airbase-ng to configure fake access points
This cross-platform, command line tool is available for Linux, Windows, OS X, Windows, and BSD platforms.
• Airjack is a powerful Wi-Fi 802.11 packet injection tool.
• This wireless cracking tool is very useful in injecting forged packets and making a network down by denial of service attack.
• This tool can also be used for a man in the middle attack in the network.
Download AirJack: http://sourceforge.net/projects/airjack
3. Cain and Abel
• Cain and Able is another popular and powerful tool used for cracking wireless network passwords.
• Using this Windows WiFi hacking tool, you can record VoIP conversations, get caches data, decode scrambled passwords and get hold of routing protocols for ethical hacking purposes.
• This tool recovers the passwords using different methods like network packet sniffing and performing attacks like dictionary attack, brute force and crypto analysis.
Available for windows
• Kismet is another Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n layer 2 wireless network sniffer and intrusion detection system.
• It works fine with any Wi-Fi card supporting rfmon mode.
• This tool is basically used in Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
• This tool passively collects packets to identify standard network and also detects the hidden networks.
• Built on a client server modular architecture, this tool can sniff 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, and 802.11n traffic.
• It is an open source tool and supports recent faster wireless standards.
It is available for Windows, Linux, OS X and BSD platforms.
Download Kismet: http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml
• CloudCracker is the online password cracking tool for cracking WPA protected wi-fi networks.
• This tool can also be used to crack different password hashes. Just upload the handshake file, enter the network name and start the tool.
• This tool has a huge dictionary of around 300 million words to perform attacks.
Try Cloudcracker: https://www.cloudcracker.com
• Wifisher is a WiFi security tool that has gained popularity in recent years.
• It could be used by hackers for carrying out automated and customized phishing attacks to infect the victims or obtain credentials.
• Please note that Wifisher doesn’t use attacks like brute force; instead, as the name suggests, it relies on social engineering techniques. This is done by redirecting all HTTP requests after carrying out a MITM attack using KARMA or Evil Twin attack.
• While Wifisher can be used by most of the Linux distros, Kali Linux is the officially supported OS and all the new features are supported on this platform.
7. Fern WiFi Wireless Cracker
• Fern WiFi Wireless Cracker is another amazing tool which helps in network security. It lets you see real-time network traffic and identify hosts.
• Basically this tool was developed to find faults in computer networks and fixes the detected faults.
• This is able to crack and recover WEP/WPA/WPS keys easily. It can also run other network based attacks on wireless or Ethernet based networks.
• For cracking WPA/WPA2, it uses WPS based on dictionary based attacks.
• For WEP cracking, it uses Fragmentation, Chop-Chop, Caffe-Latte, Hirte, ARP Request Replay or WPS attack.
• You can expect timely update with new features. Pro version of the tool is also available which offers much features.
It is available for Windows, MacOS X and Linux platforms.
• NetStumbler is another popular wireless password cracking tool available only for Windows platform.
• This tool is freely available, it helps in finding open wireless access points.
• Basically NetStumbler is used for verifying network configurations, finding locations with a poor network, detecting unauthorized access points, and more.
• It can also be easily detected with most of the wireless intrusion detection systems available. So, you can use this tool for learning purpose on home network to see how it works.
Download NetStumbler: http://www.stumbler.net
• OmniPeek is a network packets analyzer and packets sniffer tool.
• It also requires you to have good knowledge of network protocols and understanding of network packets.
• It works with most of the network interface cards available in market. With available plugins, this tool can become more powerful. Around 40 plugins are already available to extend the functions of this tool.
This tool is only available for Windows platform and used for commercial use only.
• WepAttack is an open source Linux tool for breaking 802.11 WEP keys.
• This tool performs an active dictionary attack by testing millions of words to find the working key. Only a working WLAN card is required to work with WepAttack.
Download WebAttack: http://wepattack.sourceforge.net
This is a few wireless hacking tools are for cracking the password to get unauthorized access, and a few are for monitoring and troubleshooting the network. But most of the people really interested in tools to crack wireless hotspots just want to get free Internet access.
Hacking wireless networks to get unauthorized access may be a crime in your country. You may get into trouble for using these tools. So, please do not use these tools for illegal purposes.
|The Dangers of Hacking…|
Our teams can not support any illegal activities in any situation, If you see any article related to hacking on my site then it is only for education purposes.
Types of hacking articles, hacking tools, work can help you to find out any type of weaknesses in your network or computer for testing purpose only should not be used against anyone. This kind of activity is illegal in almost all the countries so using it to launch for attacks can land you in jail.
We hope that this list was helpful in some way and improvement your knowledge that you have been able to learn a thing.