How to Start a Blog:
It is safe to say that you are hoping to begin your own blog, yet can’t make sense of how to pick the best blogging platforms? It’s an extreme decision, since there are a few diverse blogging platforms out there. How would you find out which one is right for you? In this article, we’ll enable you to pick the best blogging platforms by going over the advantages and disadvantages of the most popular options.
Most popular blogging platforms are:
WordPress.org is the world’s most well known blogging program.
WordPress.org is an open source software platform which enables you to build your site or blog without anyone else. It is a self-hosted solution, which means you will need to sign up with a WordPress hosting provider.
- WordPress.org gives you control over each part of your site.
- WordPress is search engine friendly.
- You can develop your blog and include additional highlights like forum, online store, and membership options to it.
- There are a large number of free and premium themes available for WordPress. This enables you to make a wonderful site that stands separated from the group.
- You also get access to more than 45,000 free plugins. These plugins are like apps for your WordPress blog, allowing you to add all kinds of new features.
- dealing your own website comes with a bit of a learning curve.
- You will have to manage your own backups and security.
WordPress.com to offers a basic blog hosting service for free. You can purchase additional options like a custom domain name, additional storage, and other premium services.
- No setup required.
- Easy to use and manage.
- Limited themes and plugins available.
- Limited options to extend your site.
- You cannot run advertisements on your site.
- WordPress.com can suspend your account if they find you are violating their terms of service.
Blogger is a free blog hosting and sub-domain provider. it offers a quick and simple way to make a blog for non-technical users.
- Blogger is free hosting and sub-domain service provider for blogging.
- It’s easy to use and manage.
- No need any technical skills.
- Has the added advantage of Google’s robust secure platform and reliability.
- You’re limited to basic blogging tools,
- Design options are limited, with fewer templates available.
- Third party templates for Blogger are often low quality.
- Blogger does not receive frequent updates or new features.
- Google can suspend your blog at any time, or even cancel the Blogger service totally.
Wix is a hosted platform to build a websites using drag and drop tools. Wix to great offers for small businesses website. You can also add a blog to your website by adding the Wix Blog app.
- Build your site with easy drag and drop tools; no coding skills required.
- You can customize your site using dozens of templates and third party apps.
- Setup is quick and easy, no need technical skills.
- The free account is limited and shows Wix branding and ads on your site.
- Once you choose a template you cannot change it.
- Ecommerce features are limited to paid plans, and even those features are limited.
- Free third party apps are limited.
Weebly is a also hosted platform that allows you to build your website using drag and drop tools. It comes with dozens of ready-to-use themes that you can customize using their web-based interface.
- No technical skills required.
- Quick and easy setup,
- Easy-to-use drag and drop.
- Weebly’s free plan allows you to try out the service before buying.
- Built-in features are limited, and you can’t add new features.
- Limited integration with third party platforms.
- Exporting your site from Weebly to another platform is difficult.
Joomla is an open source software content management system, just like WordPress.org. It’s also a self-hosted program, it’s means you will need a domain name and web hosting to use it.
- Joomla is extremely powerful and flexible platform,
- Joomla can be used to build any kind of blog or website.
- You can choose thousands of templates to customize your site’s design.
- Extensions are available to add more features.
- There are fewer themes and addons than WordPress.
- The Joomla community is much smaller than WordPress community.
- Support options are limited to community support.
- Paid support is hard to find and can be costly.
- You will be self responsible for managing your website security, updates and backups.
Tumblr is free blogging platforms. But It’s different than another blogging platforms. Tumblr is a micro-blogging platform with social networking features including from other blogs, built-in sharing tools, re-blogging, and more.
- Tumblr is free to use.
- Very easy to use, not required any technical skills.
- There are many themes available for Tumblr, and there are also third party themes and apps available to purchase.
- It has an integrated social media component.
- Using micro-blogging tools, It makes easy to quickly blog videos, GIFs, audio and images formats.
- There are hundreds of themes available for Tumblr, but they can’t offer additional features.
- Tumblr comes with a limited set of features that you cannot extend as your blog grows.
- Difficult to backup your Tumblr blog or importing it to other platforms.
Ghost is open source platform for free, if you install it on your own system. It is a minimalist blogging platform with limited features main focused on writing blog posts.
- Ghost Platform Focused on blogging and writing site.
- No setup required for the hosted version.
- Clean, clutter-free, and intuitive user interface.
- Not easy to customize with apps.
- Complicated setup and installation it yourself. if you are beginner.
- Not enough themes to change appearance of your site.
- The simplified user interface means options are very limited.
We hope this article helped you to choose the best blogging platforms for your need..